The ability to effectively handle customer complaints and problems is vital for your customer service associates. Though providing outstanding service throughout the selling process is beneficial, customers who do complain and get their problem effectively solved often develop a strong emotional loyalty to a business.
strategies for dealing with difficult customers
- First and foremost, listen.
- Build rapport through empathy.
- Lower your voice.
- Respond as if all your customers are watching.
- Know when to give in.
- Stay calm.
- Don't take it personally.
- Remember that you're interacting with a human.